Thank You Kylie Jenner




If there's one person in the entire world that's in the news more than anybody else, it's got to be Kylie Jenner. Not even her barefaced family could contend with her social status at the moment and don't get me wrong, I DO NOT dislike her. I just have a few things to say.

As a girl,growing up in the real world is significantly hard because you actually have all of the 'normal people' issues to deal with which go on until the earths end, so I understand. I understand why someone would want to wear a cake face full of makeup or why someone would want to go out wearing a skirt shorter than is acceptable and I understand why people don't like the way that they look and I'm sure that Kylie probably does too.  The only difference between me and Kylie is the fact that I embrace my flaws and insecurities in the best way possible. I don't photo shop my Instagram posts and I certainly do not getting butt injections at the age of 17. Kylie Jenner is just so, fake. Inside and out. 

As well as having to deal with girl problems for the last 18 years, I've also had to deal with real sad problems like mental health, losses and so much more, only because I am human. And because I am human, I have human marks and scars on me, so does Kylie Jenner. In the news, this weeks biggest story was the fact that Kylie was brave enough to show off her big scar on her thigh at the Golden Globes. The internet lit up ( as per usual) and thousands of people praised her on how amazing she is for doing such a thing. So, there's nothing wrong with that, right? Wrong.

In fact, I am not dissapointed in Kylie, I am dissapointed in the world yet again. As an ex self harmer I have hundreds of scars all over my body through dealing with depression and anxiety for years. I know exactly how hard it is to wear anything that might bare your scars to the world and I know the feeling of absolute dread when somebody asks. So well done Kylie Jenner for being so bloody brave but no congratulations to the internet for making me feel worthless and insignificant.

I have gone through years of taunting and hurt because of the way that people have made me feel about my scars. I cannot go out of the house, showing my scars, without feeling like an attention seeker because people have put it in my head that that's exactly what I must be doing. I cannot post a photo of myself having accidentally captured my arms in it without somebody commenting a hurtful thing. I cannot go to the beach without people staring and whispering and I could not have gone to the Golden Globes as a normal human being without any trace of hate. Why? Because I'm not rich and famous and I am not Kylie Jenner. Probably because newspapers are running out of things to write about too but THAT'S  different story...

 It's the same with anything I do. Me and Kylie are the same age but I can bet you age appropriation and things like that go completely out of the window when Kylie posts a selfie. It's the whole thing of her 'getting away' with everything she does because she is who she is.

The thing is, it's not so much about what scars we have or how we got them but rather more who we are. I know that Kylie gets tonnes and tonnes of hate every single day but a petty little thing such as showing your scars to the public would not be nearly half as dreadful if I were famous. It is the same old thing that we go back to all the time, which is the fact that famous people are not classed as normal. Even though we have the same functions and the same meanings no matter who we are. My skin cuts juts like anybody elses, however it was cut, we all bleed and we all scar. We are all the same.

So thank you Kylie Jenner. Thank you for being brave and showing your scar. Thank you for not giving a care in the world about this one part of your body. Thank you for showing people that a scar is just a scar and that everybody has them. Thank you for being normal for just five minutes of your life. Perhaps scars might become popular now.

LR

No comments :

Post a Comment