Skinny People ARE Pretty Too

I am size 8/10.
I am not underweight or unhealthy at all.I eat balanced diets and do the right amount of exercise.I don't think that anybody would state me as being underweight or too skinny if they saw me .I'm just right. 
One controversial subject that always seems to make me twitch is the battle against skinny people and not skinny people.It seems that for a while now lots of overweight or curvy women have been slating thin people for being thin. I'm just going to say before I go any further that I have NO problem at all with women of any size.I believe that everybody is beautiful no matter what size or shape you are.
I've seen lots of photos of slightly bigger women posing with captions like "I'd rather have curves than just a bag of bones" and so on.Like I said,there is nothing wrong with curvy people but then,what is wrong with skinny people?Like,tell me one good reason why having curves is soooo much better than being skinny?Tell me why you would so much rather have curves.Tell me what is sooo wrong with skinny.It seems that just because some women aren't exactly slim,they're allowed to dis people who are smaller than them which is totally unfair.You may be comfortable being over weight or curvy but these thin girls may also be comfortable being the way they are.
A lot of this controversy has come from the media and popular industries such as modelling where generally the people who work in those are very thin.I personally have no problem with the modelling industry because of various reasons.A lot of people complain that super modelling only consists of thin people but there are reasons for that. A very big reasons is,without offending anybody,that clothes tend to hang better on thinner people.Now I'm not saying that curvy people cannot be models because there are a lot of different types of modelling and one of those is plus size modelling.It works both ways.You would not expect a stick thin woman to be modelling for plus size companies,would you?
This brings me onto my next point of the fact that over weight women have been allowed to call skinny people names and insult them for being thin.Tell me,is it okay to call somebody fat? No,of course it's not! So why is it suddenly okay for somebody to call another girl a twig b**ch or even worse,anorexic?Again,IT WORKS BOTH WAYS.It is NOT nice being called fat and it is also NOT nice being insulted for being thin.Let me also tell you that some women are born n naturally very thin.Just because a person is very skinny,it does not mean that they are anorexic or have any type of eating disorder at all.Anorexia is a very serious mental illness that affects a lot of people and it is not okay for it to be used as an insult to thin people.
Skinny people now face a lot of problems in modern day society which most people don't notice at all.They get called anorexic,can't find jeans that fir them,have bony wrists and ankles.However,curvy people face similar problems too.They struggle also to find jeans that fit,feel that they need to cover up their lumps and bumps,get called fat.Curvy and skinny don't realise how similar they are or at least how similar their problems are.
Of course,I totally understand that there are probably a lot of models and such people in the media that do have eating issues,so do you really think that calling them names will make them feel any better?I also understand that there are a lot of things in the public eye that may create a bad image for girls and also boys but this is not what this post is about.This post is about the war between skinny and curvy.
It is not disgusting to have a thigh gap or to be able to see your hip bones and I think that what is disgusting is the fact that people are mean to others because they're not the same.A lot of women look at what was 'acceptable' in earlier society's but I have no idea why.We are no longer in the 50's or whatever and it isn't relevant.It's not okay to call somebody fat.It's not okay to call somebody anorexic as an insult.Just because we are thin,it doesn't mean that we are not beautiful.Just because you're curvy,it does not mean that you're not beautiful. Social media needs to stop creating these battles which push people away from each other.
It is okay to be curvy.
It is okay to be skinny,
It is okay to be plumpy.
It is okay to be round.
It is okay to have a bum.
It is okay to have boobs.
It is okay to not have boobs or a bum.
What is not okay is the fact that skinny people are made to feel that they should have gigantic hips and bums and boobs when that's not possible.
I you can feel comfortable in your curves and boobs and bums then skinny people can feel comfortable with their bodies too. 
SKINNY MAKES YOU SKINNY,NOTHING MORE OR NOTHING LESS.CURVY MAKES YOU CURVY.NOTHING MORE OR NOTHING LESS.



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11882171/?claim=6ww3z5cf55m">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments :

Post a Comment