Dealing With Embarrassing Situations


At some point in your life,something embarrassing is going to happen to you.Whether you fall over in front of your entire school or your stomach starts to make awkward whale noises in a very quiet place,it's going to happen and you can't do anything about it.However,you do have control over how you should handle the situation and if you aren't sure,I've helpfully come up with some ways to deal with it.

If you're in the middle of doing something when you get embarrassed,stop
If you're trying to tell a joke and you mess it up,just leave it and stop talking.If you try to think about what you're meant to be saying and try to fix it,you'll only embarrass yourself even more,so just forget what you were saying and change the subject.Quickly.

Drink some water
If something embarrassing has just happened to and you're not handling it very well,drink a glass of water.This will help you calm down.

Don't think about it
Don't start to over think the situation or blame yourself because it will only make you feel worse.It wasn't your fault and it happens to everyone at some point in their life,so just forget about it.Also,son't constantly bring it up in conversations because that will remind people about the situation,which will only embarrass you more.

Get away from the place
If you trip over,just get up and keep on walking.A few weeks ago,I was at an athletics meeting and a poor girl stumbled over one of the hurdles in the middle of her race.I can't imagine how embarrassed she must have been in front of all of those people but she got up and carried on running to the end,which I think is true sportsmanship.You can't go back in time or undo the fall,so just get up and act like nothing even happened.The worst possible thing you can do after a little trip is stay on the ground and make a huge deal out of it.

Laugh about it
Laughing and joking about the situation with everybody else is the best remedy for embarrassment.Once everybody sees that you're laughing about it and not making a big deal about it,they'll quickly realize that you're not that bothered about it and move on.I once fell down some stairs in front of quite a lot of people and dented the wall with my head(the wall wasn't even a soft wall.)Even though I wanted to cry,I just managed to get up and laugh about it because there was nothing else I could really do.The situation turned out to be quite funny when I realized that I'd actually dented the wall,I guess I have pretty hard head.

Enjoy!xox

My lovely friend Ellie just started her own blog and we'd both appreciate it if you took a look,thanks!

http://tangledpaisley.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments :

Post a Comment