The Big Diet - Day 1

 
My boyfriend thinks I am perfect, he says it all the time. That is the kind of sweet talk that lets my mind think that I can keep eating fast food and drinking milkshakes on a daily basis but the sad truth is, I can't do that forever. When I was fifteen I weighed about 7 stone and I was skinnier than a cigarette. Since entering into 'woman hood' and gaining my delicious curves I seem to have put quite a bit of weight on.
Every Sunday night I do the 'I'll start tomorrow' kind of thing whilst stuffing my face with Chinese food and regretting it half an hour later as my food baby magically appears. It's rather heart breaking when you look at old photos of your skinnier self and realise that you've let it all go for nothing! That is why I've finally decided to knuckle down and make no excuses this time ; I'm going to do it.
I started doing a lot of research about diets and what works and what doesn't because you can't just dive into something that you have no knowledge about. Whilst being fascinated by all of the crazy stuff I found, I came across Slim Fast.
I've never been one to trust things like diet pills and 'Get Slim in 1 Week' because it's just not realistic and that will not happen but Slim Fast caught my eye for some reason. Stood in the aisle at Boots I was baffled and spoilt for choice as there were so many different forms of meal replacements and snacks. The company provides shakes, smoothies, noodles and even breakfast bars. I grabbed a pot of chocolate shake powder and a box of breakfast bar meal replacements.
I was super excited to see how this even worked but I didn't think too much of it because I didn't believe that a milkshake or tiny bar could fill me up like a full meal. I was willing to try anything anyway...
So Friday morning comes around and I start my day with my first Slim Fast breakfast bar, a huge walk and a glass of water. The bar has 217 calories in it and surprisingly filled me up pretty well for a good two hours. The Slim Fast plan is that you have two meal replacements and three 100 calorie snacks in between which left me discovering all of the unusual foods that we have in our cupboards. The most unlikely snack came around when I found out they only had 79 calories in them ; Pom Bears.
Lunch time comes and I'm not even hungry but I made up one of the chocolate shakes with 250ml of skimmed milk and 2 scoops of the powder. That goes down pretty quickly and like anything containing milk, it makes me feel bloated. I cut up a medium carrot for my afternoon snack and left it in the fridge.
So my first two meal replacements went okay and I didn't feel tired or the slightest bit hungry. I guess my only future worries would be what to snack on in between and making sure that I keep myself busy through out. I'll have to wait and see...
 
Leah x

No comments :

Post a Comment