Easy Styles for 'Hard To Style' Hair

My friend Alisha had very thin and straight hair and she was pretty convinced that there was literally nothing she could do with her hair because of the way it was.This was of course until when I showed her a few little styles of my own.
The only things you'll need for these looks are a few hair slides,a hair elastic,curling tongs/straighteners and a small hair accessory e.g. a bow.
Before I did these styles,I had to curl Alisha's hair to give it a bit more texture and volume,so if you have really flat hair then I suggest doing this or using a volume spray so it's easier.

Simple Curls
This is a really easy to achieve and classic girly look for pretty much anyone with any type of hair.The only thing you need to do here is use curling tongs or hair rollers and set it with a tiny bit of hairspray.This look is so easy and pretty and it gives your hair a lot more volume and height.You can either pull back your fringe or leave it down like I did for Alisha's.

Half Up Half Down
This second look is one of my favorites and it was inspired by the beautiful Ariana Grande.Once you've curled your hair,just get a hair elastic and part your hair so that you have equal amounts in each section.Then just tie the top half up with the elastic and you're finished!You can,if you want to,add a bow at the back just above the elastic to add a little bit more glamour.

The Messy Bun
This is something that I do with my hair all of the time and it's particularly good when you're either running late or you're too tired to do anything spectacular with your hair.Again,once you've curled it,grab a hair elastic and tie all of your hair up into the bun.Then just pull parts out and make the bun a little more loose so it hangs nicely off of your head.I added a bow at the back up the bun because I think it looks really pretty and it makes it look less boring.
If you have really straight hair,you cal also use a hair doughnut and hair slides.

The Milkmaid Braid
This was the first time I had ever done one of these and I saw it on Zoe Sugg's blog(Zoella).This is actually a lot easier than it looks.All you need to do is plait both sides of your hair normally,then take each side and just wrap it and grip it over the top of your head.Then you can either leave the fringe down or grip it back.This is actually a very easy and simple but effective look and I love it.
So,if you think that your hair is too straight and thin to do anything with then I just proved you wrong!

Hope you enjoy my styles!xxx




1 comment :

  1. Hi Leannah

    I've nominated you to the do Liebster Award.

    generationbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    Ri x

    ReplyDelete