Why The Belly Button Challenge is Practically Impossible

Yet again the Internet have created another stupid,pointless challenge and this time,just like the 'thigh gap,it's making people question their health.The Belly Button Challenge is something fairly new to the internet and it has completely taken over Instagram,with people all over the world posting pictures of themselves trying to complete this ridiculous challenge.If you live in a hole,the challenge is whether or not you can wrap your arms around your body and reach your belly button with your hand.As you can guess,this is supposed to determine whether somebody is skinny enough or not,in the weird world of the Internet.Okay I will admit,of course I tried it.And that is how I came up with this blog post.

Obviously,I couldn't get my hand to touch my belly button whilst I had it wrapped backwards around my waist.I am a pretty thin person and my waist is only 24 inches,yet I still wasn't surprised at the fact that I couldn't do it.

An average 5 ft 6 inch woman is supposed to obtain a 27.5 inch waist and the average arm length of a person is 25 inches.But come on,are any of us really average?There are some 6 ft 1 inch super models who have 23 inch waists (I'm looking at you Karlie Kloss) which just proves that nobody is really average,sue to the fact that a woman of that heigh should have a much bigger waist than 23 inches.But that's not the point,and I'm not slating super models,I love super models.

The point is that it is not physically possible to wrap your arms backwards around your entire waist so that you can touch your belly button unless you have extremely long arms,which most people don't really have...

This is not a skinny test,this is more of an arm length test.You could have the tiniest waist in the entire world yet also have very short arms.The majority of people who try this challenge won't be able to do it,me included because I'm pretty sure that most people don't have arms like Mr.Tickle.

I don't know if anybody has noticed,but this challenge actually really hurts too.I'm not sure about you,but I seem to have this idea that our arms are not meant to be mangled and stretched around our body like that???That's dangerous.

So yes,this test is officially classified as completely and utterly ridiculous.Who gives a f**k if you can or can't wrap your arms around your waist anyway?That's not normal and if you can't do it (like the rest of the women population) then don't even sweat.It's not that you;re not skinny enough,or not healthy enough.You're probably pretty perfect.

And if you can complete this challenge,then congratulations to you and your extremely long arms.





No comments :

Post a Comment