The Color Run 2014


So,I have been waiting to write about this for literally ages and now I finally can.Yesterday Gracie and I took part in The Happiest 5k on the Planet aka The Color Run.
I heard about this run a couple of years ago but I didn't realize that it was worldwide,thinking that it was just something that happened in only America.As soon as I found out that there was a UK version,I had to sign up for it.
The event definitely lives up to it's slogan because it really was the happiest and most fun thing that I have ever done in my entire life.There were so many happy and smiley faces pretty much everywhere I looked and it just felt great to be surrounded by such a positive atmosphere. 
There were four 'Color Stations' which included pink,blue,yellow and orange.At each station there were volunteers who helped to completely cover you in color by throwing the powder at you.And I must say,you do get literally covered.When I finished the run,there was an amazing party where I got given more packets of colored powder to throw.
The good thing about it is that anybody can do it.There were so many different types of amazing people taking part.Also,you don't even have to run it!There were plenty of people just casually walking(including me at times...).There were also people who biked it and even parents pushing their children in pushchairs.
I really recommend taking a look at this event,whatever country you live in because it really is a great thing to be a part of and I know that I will definitely be taking part in it again next year.
I have now finally crossed this off of my 58 Things List which you can look at here.
You can look here to find out more about this amazing event - http://www.thecolorrun.co.uk/

No comments :

Post a Comment